Configuring more colors for Tivoli

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Configuring more colors for Tivoli
From: "Smeriglio,Luca,VEVEY,FC-SIL/INF." <Luca.Smeriglio@NESTLE.COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 09:37:55 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi list,
I often receive the message 'You have run out of colors, using defaults',
while

I do have a GXT255P adapter though, which provides 24bit True-color.

Is there something to configure within AIX, CDE or Tivoli app-defaults in
order
to allocate more colors to applications (ideally True Color) ?

I tried to change the allocation in the CDE Style Manager (options 'more
colors
for applications', or 'most colors for applications') but it was even worse.

Thanks for any hints !
Cheers,
Luca

               ``