Font errors and nvevents display

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Font errors and nvevents display
From: Bill Clifton <bill_clifton@LEXICON.INS.COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 15:11:55 -0800
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Ever since our NetView platform was upgraded to aix 4.2.1, the event log
"node up" status event messages are no longer colored green but appear only
as black
and white. Also since then, when ovw is started, it posts numerous Xwindows
font warning
messages in the form: "warning: cannot convert string [various] to type
FontStruct".
Don't know for sure if the two are related but they may be.
We were on 5.0 and still are 5.0 NetView after the OS upgrade.
Has anyone seen this type of problem before and know of any possible
workarounds?
thanks,
Bill

Bill Clifton                            20301 Ventura Boulevard, Suite 338
Network Systems Consultant      Woodland Hills, CA 91364
International Network Services  Phone 818-226-1230
                                        Fax   818-226-1233
                                        Alpha Pager:  1-800-467-1467
                                        Email: bill_clifton@ins.com
"If people don't want to come out to the ballpark, nobody's going
to stop them " - Yogi Berra