Re: Erroneous data collection

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Erroneous data collection
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 23:22:59 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I would suspect the timezone is wrong in the Framework.  I have also seen
reports of problems
with the facilities provided for setting the timezone in Framework. So I
would check  in the
Framework manuals for information on how that works, and then call support
if you cannot get the
time to behave, or if it is behaving but snmpCollect is not. There is one
problem with snmpCollect
that is fixed in 5.1.1, but it has to do with cores when using Collections
to control snmpCollect.

Did you maybe install everything first and change the system timezone
later?

Hi,

I really need help for this one!  I installed Netview 5.1 with Framework

3.6 on AIX 4.2.1 for a customer.  There's problem with the data
collection.

At times, the date shown with show data in the data collection function
is approximately 12 hours ahead of the actual system time.  This data
collection time bounces between correct and incorrect dates without any
obvious reasons.

Besides this, the data showed inconsistensies with snmpColDump, meaning
I get different values for the same set of data when performing
snmpColDump on different days.

Has anyone encountered this problem?  Can anyone explain this weird
behaviour?  Is this a bug for which I didn't patch (I haven't done any
patching so far)?

Any help will be appreciated.  Thanks.

regards,
Jeanie