Re: Notes View

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Notes View
From: Jon Grubb <GRUBBJ@UK.IBM.COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 08:38:25 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
We run Notes on AIX, and loading the MIB works for us. All we had to do was
run the NotesView Agent on the Notes server along with the additional
server tasks that come with the agent.

Jon Grubb,
IBM Global Services

Drew Van Order <dvanorder@DTTUS.COM> on 30/03/99 00:05:49

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

To:   NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU
cc:    (bcc: Jon Grubb/UK/IBM)
Subject:  Notes View

     Hi All,

     Is anyone using Notes View 4.6 with NV 5.1 AIX? We have minimal needs
     right now--just knowing if a DB is available or not, independent of
     the Notes Service itself (Notes runs under NT). In the future,
     performance management/administrative functions would be nice, but
     we're taking it slow. We are surprised at the overhead required on the
     NetView server (Notes client and another database) to support this,
     and are wondering if we can get by with loading the MIB's only and
     using NV as the application.

     Thanks,

     DVO