Permission problems in /usr/OV/bin

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Permission problems in /usr/OV/bin
From: erik nilsson <erik@NETMAN.SE>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 13:25:20 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi !

I have run into problem with executing all applications in /usr/OV/bin
from commandline in a telnet (or X-term) window.
I have run these before but now all the applications seems to be owned
by bin. Can this be the effect ehen activating the security (secured)
on Netview ? (this is what we use now but not before).
If that is the case, how can I run these applications from command line with
the security enabled ?
To test I have tried to copy one application (octopodump) to another
place and change permissions but that doesn't seem to work (still
permission problems although I'm logged in as root)

Any ideas ?

# pwd
/usr/OV/bin
# ls -al ovtopodump
-r-xr-xr-x 1 bin bin 1152902 Jul 28 1998 ovtopodump
# ovtopodump -l sth6-gw.skandia.se
nvs_isClientAuthorized(): permission denied for "ovtopodump".
A TME 10 NetView login is required to permit the requested operation. authorize
d=0, status=36.

The same goes for snmwalk, snmpget and all other commands
in usr/OV/bin

AIX 4.2.1
Netview 5.1

Thanks / Erik

Erik Nilsson
Network Management tcpip AB
Box 38117, 100 64 Stockholm
Tel: +46 (0)8 720 53 90, Fax: +46 (0)8 720 53 92
Mobile: +46 (0)708 15 76 52
E-mail: erik@netman.se