Re: Permission problems in /usr/OV/bin

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Permission problems in /usr/OV/bin
From: Vladimir Petr <PETR@DATASYS.CZ>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 15:27:52 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hello, Erik;
If you have NV security turned on, you must log in to NetView in order to
run NetView commands. Log in to NetView by running "nvauth" (having X) or
"nvauth -login user_name group_name" (you will be prompted for password).
Then you can run any commands which you have permissions for (most of them
I think).

However, if you would like to run for instance, nvdbformat, nvsniffer,
etc., for these there seem to be no permissions set by default (but this is
not in case of ovtopodump).

To run those commands with security turned on, look into
/usr/OV/security/C/Domains where each group has a directory containing
mostly SRFs. There is also the file OVWCmds in which permissions for
various commands are set for the particular group. Add commands desired
according to the syntax of the other lines in the file and save the file.
Then log out and back in.

If you want that each new group have permissions for new commands set so
that you do not need to edit the file again for each new group, edit the
file /usr/OV/security/C/Domains/registration/OVWCmds and add the commands
you want. After you create a new user group, it should get a copy of this
file in its directory.

Hope this helps,
Best regards,
Vladimir.