Security question

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Security question
From: Richard Van Oeffel <rvoeffel@NL.IBM.COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 14:02:15 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi,
I have a security problem. I´m working with NetView 4.1 and Nways Manager
1.2. I´ve turned on the security and I am working with the default users:
Operator and Admin. In NetView, the authority of the Operator account is
restricted and is working well. But if open een device with Nways Manager,
the Operator is allowed to do everything, even resetting devices, disabling
ports etc.
I don´t know how to disable this ´feature´ . I already read the
adminstrators guide and the programmer´s guide and can´t find a solution.
Who can help me?

With kind regards, met vriendelijke groet,

Richard van Oeffel
Open Systems Center
IBM Nederland N.V.
Boerhaavelaan 11, 2713 HA  Zoetermeer