data being truncated

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: data being truncated
From: Greg Redder <redder@YUMA.ACNS.COLOSTATE.EDU>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 09:23:02 -0700
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I'm running NetView V5.0 on AIX4.2.1

I'm collecting network utilization on some of our Cisco router
interfaces.  Lately, I've noticed (this is just when I noticed
it. It may have been going on a while <smile>.) that the
data starts to flatline or at least become a lot more sparse
starting 3 days back and earlier.  Heck, somoe of them just
plain flatline on anything more than 3 days ago!  Why is
my collection data being truncated?  I have 400Meg free
in that filesystem.

Thank you --Greg Redder
            Network Analyst
            Colorado State University

Greg Redder                         Academic Computing & Networking Services
Colorado State University, ACNS     Phone:(970)491-7222  FAX:  (970)491-1958
601 S. Howes, Room 625              E-mail: redder@yuma.colostate.edu
Fort Collins, CO 80523              PGP Fprint:68CEE78C86AC452881B27249785FEE91