Netview migration script for NV5

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Netview migration script for NV5
From: Rob Wilkinson <Rob.Wilkinson@MBS.GOV.ON.CA>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 15:15:15 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
We are in need to run the sermigv4 migration script on our Production Netview
V4 server. Problem is I can't get an outage to run it..

We do a backup with netmon down which imposes a 3 minute outage to just
netmon.. Can I use this "pax" backup and copy it to another system and un"pax"
it to new filesystems /usr/OV  and then run the migration script on this other
system to generate the necessary files I will need to build a new V5.1 server?

I am not sure if the migration script relies on anything that would need to be
runable from Prod..