Re: Working with statics routes

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Working with statics routes
From: Alek Barsky <abarsky@RCI.ROGERS.COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 17:27:24 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
The reason routers appear disconnected is because your client
uses IP unnumbered interfaces.
>From what I know about NetView it builds the map following way:
1. Discovers the router - puts it on the Internet level
2. Discovers interfaces on the router and corresponding masks and puts
IP networks on the IP internet level map.
3. Starts discovery on the segments for the attached devices.

Thanks.