Forcing NetView to find a resource

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Forcing NetView to find a resource
From: Lucy Premus <lpremus@METLIFE.COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 14:24:50 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I think I may have asked this question before, in some fashion, but I don't
recall if I ever received a helpful answer or any at all
I have several servers I need to monitor on NetView.  I specifically defined
them to the seed file by their address.  There are no other definitions in the
seed file excluding their discovery and all network devices (ie. routers and
switches) are discovered and being monitored by NetView.  The problem is,
NetView seems to have found them and added them to its database, but only as a
hint.  They've been this way, well over a week now, if not longer, but I can't
seem to get NetView to poll them and add them to its topology.  Has anyone seen
this before?  Is there any way to force NetView to config check them and add
them to the database?