Re: Forcing NetView to find a resource

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Forcing NetView to find a resource
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 21:08:57 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Sometimes this happens when there is a duplicate IP address out there
somewhere.
If you do an ovtopofix -a and restart netmon with that address right at the
top of the
seedfile, do you see an event about Duplicates? Anything in the nettl log?

If that is not the case, you could actually add the object to the map
manually and
netmon will take over. Be sure to put it on the right level of the map
(servers would
be inside a segment) in the right subnet. In the dialog, be sure to go into
the
ipmap dialog and accept the address and mask. Then a demandpoll will
finish it off.

Thanks Phil for your response.  However, we run database maintenance using
ovtopofix -a every Saturday evening so I don't think thats what our problem
is.
Are there any other suggestions/thoughts out there?
---------------------- Forwarded by Lucy Premus/Bsg/MetLife/US on 04/07/99
10:47

Philip Guerra <pguerra@DEV.TIVOLI.COM> on 04/06/99 08:44:51 PM

Please respond to pguerra@dev.tivoli.com