Re: Nways ATM - errors in nettl logs

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Nways ATM - errors in nettl logs
From: Jim Kellock <jkellock@IBM.NET>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 01:41:38 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Jane Curry wrote:

> I have 7 8260s being managed by Nways 1.2.2.  My ATM polling default is
> set to 10 minutes. Every 20 minutes my nettl log shows that each 8260 is
> showing an error from ahmtopod with the following:
> File AHMTopoSnmpFsm.C (line 653):
> Polling Not Completed: Snmp Error 1002 (RC 2). IpAddress: <correct ip
> addr here> State: 1 of AHM_TopoInventoryPolling
>
> I am also seeing a number of nettl entries, again from ahmtopod with the
> message:
> Impossible to remove Subnet 0 from SubnetList: not found
>
> Community names are fine on these boxes - does anyone have any
> suggestions?
> Thanks,
> Jane
> --
> Tivoli Certified Consultant
> Skills 1st Limited, 2 Cedar Chase, Taplow, Bucks, SL6 0EU, UK
> Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565
> Copyright (c) 1999 Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>.  All rights
> reserved.
This has been seen frequently, now and we're trying to find out exactly
what it means.  There seems to be a relationship between the timeout
value, the message, and the length of time it takes to complete a device
poll- not to start it.  It also happens on 8265s, so it's not DMM
related- it's the switch itself.  Will post a message here when it's
solved.

Jim Kellock.