Re: Trap Definitions

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Trap Definitions
From: "Todd E. Lewis" <telewis@PROVIDENTBANKMD.COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 09:15:30 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I'm getting this with sna.mib, ce.mib, and others. I run the mib2trap against
the mib file, then run the batch file that is created. It does add definitions
to trapd.conf. By the way this is NT. Do you have to load the mib through the
mib browser as well. I heard it didn't matter ?

>>> James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM> 04/14 8:57 AM >>>
Something isn't right.  How did you add them?

It is possible that either the enterprise id  or the specfic id you updated
trapd.conf with is not what they are actually sending.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Todd E. Lewis" <telewis@PROVIDENTBANKMD.COM> on 04/14/99 08:39:07 AM

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>