Re: Trap Definitions

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Trap Definitions
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 09:51:08 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
private.enterprises.novell.mibdoc using the
Describe function.  It will be 1.3.6.1.4.1 .... something.  Then use the
Trap settings function to add that value plus the 26 they add to it
(1.3.6.1.4.1.xx.xx.26 ) as an enterprise.
Call it whatever you want but make it a meaningful name (novell_mibdoc?).
Then you can add the specific trap id after that.
The specific trap id and all the variables are listed in the trap when it
is in Default Fmt.   You can make the log message say
anything you want and you can add whatever variables are meaningful by
including them there, $1 is the first variable, $2 is the second, and so
on, with $* meaning all of them.

Hope this helps

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support