CW2000 & Configs

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: CW2000 & Configs
From: Neil Harvey <nharvey@ISL4.DEMON.CO.UK>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 17:49:20 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I have CW2000 running on a machine with NV5.1 but seem unable to
download the config from the Cisco router or switches. From the router
its self I can send the config back using "write net" but not via
Essentials or the command cwconfig. In the device details the correct RW
SNMP community strings are entered, the tacas+ login and password, and
the enable password (tacas+ not used).
The failure is stated as "Invalid tftpboot directory; Invalid telnet
password"

The order of config download is TFTP, TELNET, RCP with RCP disabled.

I would have thought that the config download would first try to use
SNMP to intiate a tftp transfer, failing that a perl or expect script to
telnet onto the router to run the "write net" command. Any ideas or
known caveats with this environment, also I would be interested in
knowing the exact process involved.

Thanks, Neil.