Re: Routers that appears twice

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Routers that appears twice
From: Vladimir Petr <petr@DATASYS.CZ>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 19:17:10 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi, Adrian;
Sometimes this happens when something goes wrong with the SNMP agent on a device
(or simply netmon cannot GET request the device). For instance, if the community
is set incorrectly and two ip addresses of one node resolve to different names
netmon thinks they are different devices.

I would check communities and then delete those devices that are fysically one.
Netmon should rediscover the device correctly. Also, it is a good idea to
snmpwalk the interfaces group to see if the information the agent has for the
interfaces is ok.

HTH,
Best regards,
Vladimir.