Re: Installation problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Installation problem
From: Vladimir Petr <petr@DATASYS.CZ>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 18:51:38 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hello, Yury;
Check if the following filesets are installed (they are not installed by default
with the operating system) for NV 5.1:
bos.loc.pc_compat.En_US
X11.compat.fnt.pc
X11.apps.config

Use the lslpp command to see if they are present on your box. Also, Release
Notes for NV are very useful and they state precisely what you need to install
NV successfully (all necessary filesets are enlisted therein).
There are install logs in your /tmp directory as well. Look for any NV* file and
update.log and update.fail. They may tell you more about the failure.
For NV 5.1, do not forget about installing Framework patch.

Best regards,
Vladimir.