Installation problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Installation problem
From: Yury Stefanov <ystefano@CELESTICA.COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 17:02:26 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Greetings!
I am having a problem installing Netview v5 on AIX 4.1.5 with Framework 3.6
I am doing this "by the book", however the NetView server "creation" fails
with the following message:
--- cut ---
Distributing architecture specific NetView Features Configuration for
ferrari

Something went wrong:
Media Packet:  "/tmp/tmeCDROM/FILE30.PKT"
ferrari:FAILED (fatal error)

Failure: the last few lines of the error log
(/tmp/NVS_50_NVFCONF_after.error):
the following filesets.  (These filesets are not currently installed.)
nv6000.base.obj v=5, r=0, m=0 OR m>0      # Base Level Fileset
GROUP REQUISITE FAILURES:  The fileset under test cannot be installed
until the following group requisite is satisfied.  A group requisite must
pass a specified number of requisite tests.  See the "Requisite Failure
Key"
below for details of group member failures.
Requisite Failure Key:
+ [  =  ]
+ rm -r nv6000.features.obj.prereq.out
+ exit 1
FATAL.
 completed with errors.

Registering product installation attributes...registered.

Finished product installation.
Unfortunately this situation is neither covered in product documentation
nor course materials.
Any ideas why this is happening?
Thanks!

Yury