Re: NO TRAP ALERTS

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NO TRAP ALERTS
From: "Day, Glen" <gday@ISO-NE.COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 16:13:59 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
James,
        All of the daemons are running and are "well-behaved" via
ovstatus. Here's more data to clearup the confusion:

*       The thresholds are configured from NetView's Data Collection
window with corresponding trap number
*       Some traps work and some don't- all configuration formats are
consistent
*       NetView for Solaris patch 5.1.1 was installed last week

Although ovstatus shows evrything running fine, we also had  an error
"nvserverd" not running when we attempted to ovstop and ovstart.

Is anyone having any buggy issues with the new patch or any similar
experiences?

Thanks Again- Glen