Re: Reducing ifInOctets file size

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Reducing ifInOctets file size
From: "Owens, Blaine C" <bowens@EASTMAN.COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 10:25:26 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Juan, we have run a script similar to the example in "man snmpColDump"
without stopping any daemons and without any adverse effects. You might be
wise to ovstop snmpCollect, run the script, and then ovstart snmpCollect
just to be on the safe side, however.

Blaine Owens
Eastman Chemical Company
Email - bowens@eastman.com