Reducing ifInOctets file size

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Reducing ifInOctets file size
From: Juan Echevarria <echevarria@ES.IBM.COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 12:28:26 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Dear forumers,

   I'm new in NetView and I don't know how to reduce the size of the files
/usr/OV/databases/snmpCollect/ifInOctets1, etc... When I do "man
snmpColDump" it suggests I can do that using that command and running a
mini-script but I don't know if I have to do other things (like stopping
daemons or others).
   I've thought of another solution: renaming the actual file and leave the
NV create a new one, but I don't know if this would work.
   Does anybody know how to do this? Or another way to reduce size?

Thanks in advance,
Juan.
Juan Echevarría López
echevarria@es.ibm.com