Re: Filtering TEC events on NetView NT

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Filtering TEC events on NetView NT
From: Vladimir Petr <PETR@DATASYS.CZ>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 14:10:37 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
William,
you can use filters on your NT NV server to discard the events you do not want
to get into the TEC database as well. To do this, you must enter the Filter
keyword into the \usr\OV\conf\tecad_nv6k.conf file that is being used by the
adapter running on the NV box (once this was also true for UNIX adapter but now
there are two adapters available for NV on UNIX and mostly the nvserverd adapter
is used). As I understand you are running NV on NT.

This is an example of how to declare filters:

_________CUT HERE__________

Filter:Class=OV_Node_Added

__________END______________

These filters will discard all OV_Node_Added events, i.e. these will not be sent
to TEC.
You can add any slot/value pairs into the filter definition (but Class is
obligatory):
Filter:Class=class_name;slot1=value1;slot2=value2; [...]

Also, the default filter behaviour is to discard the events that match it.
However, you can use the the FilterMode keyword to get sent only the events
matching the filters:

FilterMode=IN

Hope this helps,
Best regards,