Filtering TEC events on NetView NT

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Filtering TEC events on NetView NT
From: William_W_List@BCBSMN.COM
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 16:07:26 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I've been trying to figure out a way to filter certain events from TEC.  I've
eliminated quite a few by creating discard classes, but the select statement
isn't as robust as I would like it to be, so I can't discard all the events I
want.  Is there a good way to do this on NT?  The UNIX version of NetView looks
like it can forward/not forward events that are filtered or correlated, but the
NT version looks like it only uses filtering and correlation for display
purposes.  Any ideas would be appreciated.  Thanks.