Corrupted database

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Corrupted database
From: Carsten Strahler <Carsten.Strahler@NBG.NET>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 15:55:13 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi,

in my netview database I have these entries :

[root@u1600002]:/usr/OV/bin> ovobjprint -s r0164453.i016.nbg.net
                OBJECTID                SELECTION NAME

OBJECT: 27758

        FIELD ID        FIELD NAME                      FIELD VALUE
        10              Selection Name
"r0164453.i016.nbg.net"

Normally this is a router. But netview lost all the values of it. Deleting
the router  from netview (ovtopofix -r r0164453.i016.nbg.net, ovtopofix -a,
 ovmapcount -a), deletes
the router from the maps, but I always have this entry in the database .

With "ovtopodump | grep r0164453"  I don't get an output.

Any idea ?

Carsten Strahler
nbg
carsten.strahler@nbg.net