Re: Tivoli Distribute Monitor

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Tivoli Distribute Monitor
From: Philip Guerra <pguerra@DEV.TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 22:47:22 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
This is a TME error and not Netview.  The distribution of the Distributive
Monitoring profile was not completed.  From what you have included below, it
looks like the gateway did not receive anything back from the endpoint to
indicate completion of the distribution.  Things you can check are the
repeater settings on the gateway.  When you created the gateway on your
ManagedNode, it also became a repeater.  Check the Framework Reference Manual
for the parameters.  Tune your repeater to something conservative with
regards to the network capacity.  AAlso, using the wgateway command, check
the timeout variable.  By default it is 300 seconds,  Dependiong on your
network, you may need to increase it.  Is the endpoint connected to the
network on a slow link.  Has your endpoint even logged into the gateway?  If
you are unsure, use Netscape to connect to the endpoint and check the
logfile.  In the address field for your browser type: ws95:9494 and then
click the link to the logfile.  If the endpoint has logged in, try doing:
wadminep ws95 view_config_info and see if it returns any info.  If this
command is successful, try redistributing the profile.

Philip Guerra
Senior TME Deployment Engineer
IT-Austin
Tivoli Systems, Inc.