ForeView discovery

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: ForeView discovery
From: "MENEZES, ALAIN" <a.menezes@ASLK-CGER.BE>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 10:56:12 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi all,

I've got ForeView 4.3 over NetView 4.1.2 on 2 servers (QA & PROD)

On QA all the Fore switches come up alright int the ATM Network submap.

But on PROD, I've got several problems related to 1 of the switches : it
is discovered as 'Enclosure -1' (SelName = Enc!-1!net; normally there
should be a cluster ID instead of the '-1'). The NetView snmp
configuration, the configuration files 'foreview' & 'fvsnmp.conf' are
the same : the NetView servers are directly connected to the Fore SPANS
IP subnet, but on different switches.
Furthermore, this "special" switch regularly moves from the map to the
'New Object Holding Area', which means the object has been removed and
rediscovered.
Also the links from this switch to the others don't show.

Any idea ?

Thanks

Al
Alain Menezes
ASLK-CGER Services GIE                          Tel.:  +32 2 228.55.74
Rue Fossé-aux-Loups, 48                               Fax.:  +32 2 228.83.69
1000  Bruxelles                                         Email:
a.menezes@aslk-cger.be