Moving Netview to another server

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Moving Netview to another server
From: Bob Metzger <Bob_Metzger@VFC.COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 15:05:52 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
**** WARNING **** Limited Netview experience. Mostly work with Tivoli. Been
elected to do Y2K testing.
We are doing some Y2K testing for Netview (4.2) on AIX and Tivoli (3.6) on AIX.
All of the files have been copied from the production server to the test server
(no new install, they want to test the production environment.) What changes do
I need to perform to update Netview with the new hostname and ip address of this
test machine? Is this feasible with Netview? With Tivoli, you can copy all the
files from the TMR server and put it on another server, execute some commands,
and get Tivoli to work without a reinstall. Unfortunately, I don't know if this
is possible with Netview and don't have any idea where to start. Any help would
be appreciated.
PS - In case anyone cares, Tivoli seems to be handling Y2K without any problems
or issues. Haven't had any problems, crashes, etc ......

Thanks
Bob