Re: database error

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: database error
From: Vladimir Petr <petr@DATASYS.CZ>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 06:55:54 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
lauritz Strydom wrote:

>      Hi All, can someone please comment on the following error i'm
> getting
>      when executing ovw -config.
>
>      It seems that these fields does not exist in the ovwdb database but
>      how do I fix it?
>
>      ------------------------------
>      File: /usr/OV/symbols/C/rabm.symbols
>      Line: 218
>      Error: Unknown field "isRABMCapability"
>      ------------------------------
>
>      This machine is a fresh installed machine with Netview 5.1.1 and
> Nways
>      1.2.3.
>
>      Thanks
>
>      Lauritz

Hi, Lauritz;
I have run NV 5.1 with Nways 1.2.2 and have not seen this error. It might be
specifically related to 1.2.3 but I would try to run
netview -fields (or ovw -fields)
that NV process all the fields registration files in order to create the fields
in the object database. Then the field should become known.

HTH,
Best regards,
Vladimir.

"The lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne." Chaucer.