Re: AW: Zombies in ovw database

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: AW: Zombies in ovw database
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 13:29:05 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

Ok, Ralph. Now that you thoroughly understand the symptoms, I think you are
ready to discuss this with support.  It's a mystery to me.....

Leslie,

...looks like I'm stumbling around in a mined area.
...Just changed the rule for my Zombie collection:

Collection: Zombies
Rule: ((('isNode' = True) || ('isCard' = True)) && (!('isIP' = True)))

...which of course shouldn't make any sense at all, but
...nvUtil l Zombies gives the following result:

SCHAS
CR200015:Tunnel1
su-bs
NT811
SSR-VLAN:172.20.97.3
SSR-VLAN
CR200013:Fddi2/0224970
CR200013:TokenRing4/1224970
sun-neutor

...the CR20...guy's DO NOT SHOW UP AT ALL on the GUI!
...the rest are "blue ones", just in the collection, NOT IN ANY MAP...

Have run the following for about a dozen times...
ovstop netmon
delete "them" from all submaps
ovmapcount -av
ovtopofix -Av
...they just "zombie" back.

NO seedfile for my NetView, just a well-polished /etc/hosts.

Regards, Ralph.
iT-AUSTRIA / OE2100 / TK-NET
Tel  (mobil)  0664 1908469
Tel  (iT-A)    21717 58948