Re: nvTurboDatabase VS ovtopofix

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: nvTurboDatabase VS ovtopofix
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 13:32:14 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
The nvTurboDatabase takes the place of ovtopofix -Cv, if you were
doing that to compress the database. And it takes the place of any
other commands you were doing for compression.

You will still do the ovtopofix -a or ovtopofix -A that you were doing
regularly before you converted from the 'classic' to the turbo
database.

Does anyone know the differences about the nvTurboDatabase VS ovtopofix..

If I run the nvTurboDatabase should I also be running the ovtopofix?

We are NV 4..

Thanks