no response on dpadmin and dpconfig?
I had no response on this problem let me try again....
dpadmin, dpconfig errors with NWAYS1.2.3
Our environment : AIX4.2.1, Netview5.1.1 and NWAYS1.2.3.
History : We had NWAYS1.2.2 installed and working properly. I used the Redbook
with the installation process, no problems here.
I installed NWAYS1.2.3 on top of NWAYS1.2.2 and checkout the install_log for
any problems, there
was none. Now my problem, when I ran dpconfig or dpadmin I get :
Exception while getting serverName in DpAdmin
an exception occurred:
Local class not
( and some more java messages...)
An error has occurred while grabbing info from the server
Usage: dpadmin -s Server_Host_Name -p Server_Port -b
Now, 1. Do I require a reboot?
2. Should I not have installed over NWAYS1.2.2?
3. Shall I remove and reinstall NWAYS1.2.3?
4. Did I miss any prereq's?
5. Shall I install the latest java code? which is ?
1. I had a closer look at the dpadmin script. NWAYS1.2.2 and NWAYS1.2.3
scripts differs, for one
the $JAVA_HOME value is different, two it is constructed diffirently etc.
2. The PTF U462220 says JDK 188.8.131.52 or higher is required while the NWAYS
Overview says JDK 1.1.6. Are they not contradicting each other?
+27 11 3506480 (work)
+27 11 3506228 (fax)
|<Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread>|
- no response on dpadmin and dpconfig?,
Christo Burger <=
Archive operated by Skills 1st Ltd
See also: The NetView Web