Re: NV/NT TEC Adapter patches/fixes?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NV/NT TEC Adapter patches/fixes?
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 14:00:24 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
As far as I know, there are no patches nor fixes to the NetView NT TEC
adapter.

But the reason that your outside vendor traps are not being forwarded is
most likely due not to the adapter but to the fact that trapd is not
sending the traps to the adapter.  There was a recent APAR (sorry  - don't
remember the number) in which we found that trapd was not forwarding all
the traps it should to its registered applications.  There is a fix for
that but you will have to open a problem with NetView Support to get it.
I don't think it made it into NT 5.1.1 but you should be at that level to
put on the efix.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Dominique JEANNEROD <jeannerod@APOGEE-COM.FR> on 04/29/99 12:26:35 PM