Re: ovtopmd exit on signal 9 after nv5.1.1

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: ovtopmd exit on signal 9 after nv5.1.1
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 13:34:01 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Nope, haven't seen it before.  But I would suggest that you start the
daemons one by one like this after taking them all down and sourcing the
Tivoli environment:

ovstart nvsecd
ovstart ovwdb
ovstart trapd

If all these work OK then  just type in   /usr/OV/bin/ovtopmd   on the
command line and watch what happens
If there is an error message which is being swallowed it should show up in
the window.
If you get a message "Opened openview"  then it is working OK

Hope this helps

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Eirik Tysse <eirik.tysse@DNB.NO> on 05/05/99 10:35:23 AM