Re: XX XX

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: XX XX
From: Nicaud Phil <pnicaud@WOOLWORTHS.COM.AU>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 07:21:38 +1000
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
HI Dimitri

I think you'll find that, unless you have an IP address on that port,
Netview will not be able to poll it. When you run a demand poll, you will
see the port listed but not managed. I have this very same problem with some
X.25 ports on a router.

I understand that you can write some code using the Netview open topology
tools but I have started on that yet. Anybody else out there ?

Phil

CAUTION: This Message may contain confidential information intended
only for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the
intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any
use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message is
prohibited. If you received this message in error please notify
Mail Administrators immediately. Any views expressed in this
message are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily
reflect the views of Woolworths Ltd.