Re: Netware MIBS

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netware MIBS
From: "Todd E. Lewis" <telewis@PROVIDENTBANKMD.COM>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 08:10:37 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Is this for NT and if so did you have a problem running mib2trap against it. I
got an error about a line problem in the trapd.conf file, but its a bogus
error.

>>> "Rafter, Marcel A." <marcel.rafter@NZ.UNISYS.COM> 05/05 7:13 PM >>>
I have loaded the nwalarm.mib into the netview server to monitor our Novell
servers.
This is working fine for all defined traps.
The problem is that we receive a trap numbered 382 before the server
experiances a critical error (software abend).
The nwalarm.mib I have downloaded from Novell.com only goes up to trap
number 378 so the above trap comes in as unknown format and is unreadable.
Why is this? Am I missing a new mib?

Thanks
Marcel
marcel.rafter@unisys.com