8272 in a wrong way

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: 8272 in a wrong way
From: Roberto Greco <roberto_greco@IT.IBM.COM>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 15:19:00 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
 Does anyone found this incorrect situation?

    I have discovered a device 8272/108 Switch IBM (Token Ring) which
belonging to one  IP net  already present in my Netview.
    I think it should be connected to the round symbol of NET Token Ring
already present but, instead of this,
    another  symbol (Bus symbol) was created and 8272 linked to it.
    This 8272 has two different IP addresses for two different domains.
Only one of these addresses is belong to the IP net.
    Is this  an incorrect situation or I wrong something?
    How can I resolve this topology  problem?

thank you very much