Re: CDE hangs with blue screen

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: CDE hangs with blue screen
From: "Owens, Blaine C" <bowens@EASTMAN.COM>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 10:17:51 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
If it is the sourcing of the Tivoli setup_env.sh, the following steps
resolved the problem for me:

After talking with AIX (Charles Hall in Austin), I eventually found out
that setting the LIBPATH variable in "/etc/Tivoli/setup_env.sh" was
causing
 the problem.
We corrected the problem by:
1) commenting out the following 4 lines in /etc/Tivoli/setup_env.sh
                 LIBDIR=/base/Tivoli/lib/aix4-r1
                export LIBDIR
                LIBPATH="${LIBDIR}:/usr/lib${LIBPATH:+:$LIBPATH}"
                export LIBPATH
2) I moved these four lines to  /.kshrc
3)  In /.profile, I added "export ENV=$HOME/.kshrc just before ".
/etc/Tivoli/setup_env.sh
Now all was ok!

Blaine Owens
Eastman Chemical Company