Re: Migrating NetView 5 --> 5.1

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Migrating NetView 5 --> 5.1
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 06:52:17 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Much of the information in the release notes is devoted to migration. Key
to success is, as mentioned in the notes, to make sure stuff is working before
migration. The script you are told to run creates a filesystem with a backup
of all of the cusomizable files, so the customization added by each product
is saved.  Then you deinstall Netview and reinstall it. When Netview is
installed in the presence of this backup directory, the contents are merged.
Even if there are problems, you have the backup to fall back on, and can
hand-migrate the necessary files. Lots of people have had success with
this process. Read the release notes carefully...

(248) 552-4968 Voicemail, Fax, Pager

---------------------- Forwarded by Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM on 05/11/99

LIZEL FRAZER <lizelf@FOSCHINI.CO.ZA> on 05/11/99 03:01:40 PM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>