Re: discovering a change in ip address??

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: discovering a change in ip address??
From: "Todd E. Lewis" <telewis@PROVIDENTBANKMD.COM>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 08:33:12 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I wonder if you may have to dump your discovery database and re-discover your
network ip changes.

>>> Matt Ashfield <mda@UNB.CA> 05/11 8:21 AM >>>
Hi all,

Recently a bunch of our servers changed ip addresses. Their new addresses are
in a different subnet. These new addresses used to belong to other machines
that were taken out of service at the same time the servers assumed their ip
addresses. I have tried to discover the servers at the new address, but when I
do a demand poll at the server address I get the message that a node already
exists in the database for that name. I've deleted the server's objects at
their old ip address? Shouldn't that have deleted them from the database as
well?

Any help would be appreciated!

PS. Using Netview 5.1.1, AIX4.3.2

Cheers