Best solution for small environment

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Best solution for small environment
From: Philip Moore <moorepj@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 14:35:18 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Rob,

Most of your work can be done with NetView for UNIX with MLM.  Using crontab or
SIA you can successfully monitor filesystems, unix system, application or
database processes, print queues ... and page an administrator using NetView's
paging utility.  In addition you can successfully monitor selected AIX system
(I.E. TAPE, SSA, DISK, Memory, and CHECKSTOP) errors using trapgend which comes
with Netivew.  I am not exactly how I would monitor the HA/CMP events without
more details.  If they are ERRPT events, you are home.  This all can be done
with NetView.
---------------------- Forwarded by Phil Moore/Chicago/IBM on 05/11/99 02:10 PM

Rob Wilkinson <Rob.Wilkinson@MBS.GOV.ON.CA> on 05/06/99 01:50:00 PM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>