Re: Best solution for small environment

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Best solution for small environment
From: Gord Michaels <gord_michaels@HOTMAIL.COM>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 14:28:10 PDT
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hello Rob.

Yes, Netview 5.1 would be a good place to start and that requires Tivoli
Framework of course.

Also, I would suggest Tivoli Distributed Monitor (DM) and Tivoli Enterprise
Console (T/EC). DM can monitor system daemons and processes and T/EC will
receive the generated events.

Netview has built in Paging functionality which can be setup to page on
certain events.

Hope this helps.

Gord.