Re: Netview 5.1.1 NT

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview 5.1.1 NT
From: Doug Horn <Doug_Horn@HSBC.CA>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 09:56:40 -0700
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

Hi Todd

As James pointed out it does not look like we have the same issues, mine is
trapd not forwarding all events, yours is trapd stopping.  Also I just
wanted to clarify that we ran into the problem in both 5.1 and 5.11.  It
worked fine in 5.0a and stopped working fine in 5.1.

James, according to the PMR I have opened for this support is still waiting
for the APAR to close.  Would a fix be put out before the APAR is closed?
I am not sure how all the internal APAR, fix, etc. works.  The PMR is,
41229, 012, 649.

thnx
dug

Ok thanks, So I guess I'll stay on 5.1 for awhile

>>> Doug Horn <Doug_Horn@HSBC.CA> 05/12 12:20 PM >>>
We have upgraded our NV from 5.0a to 5.1 and then to 5.11.  In both the lab
and in production we ran into a problem with trapd.  Our problem is that it
does not send all alerts over to other applications, i.e. tecad_nv6k - TEC
adapter.  Some alerts go, generic SNMP and events generated with the
'event' command, but all others do not.

We have an open PMR on the problem and have been waiting for a fix for
about 6 weeks.  No word on when it is going to be available.  Support does
recognize that this is a problem with trapd.

HTH
dug

I haven't seen this.

Gary Boyles (Intel)