Re: cisco and bay devices

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: cisco and bay devices
From: "Clifford L. Crane" <Cliff_Crane@CARGILL.COM>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 15:01:58 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
This is supposed to take place when you install Optivity and Cisco
Works.  However, in version 7.01 of Optivity Campus for Windows NT it
did not automatically happen.  I had to edit the oid_to_sym file and
match label references in the baynet, baynet1, baynet2, bayneta and
baynet3 files before the proper icons showed up for many of the new
Baynetworks switches and hubs.  The oid_to_sym file is located in the
/usr/ov/conf/c directory while the reference files are located in the
/usr/ov/symbols/c directory.

Hope this works for you on Solaris.

Clifford L. Crane - Sr. Technical Analyst
Excel Corporation IT Business Continuation
151 N. Main Street
Wichita, KS  67201
Phone (316)291-2899   Fax (316)261-5902
cliff_crane@cargill.com