Re: resetting "vendor" field

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: resetting "vendor" field
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 22:42:03 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
The -o flag works on Netview. It will update the flag, like G, H, B, etc. Then
unmanage/manage the segment the node is in and the device will get
promoted to the correct level of the submap. But in my experience it will
NOT update the agent and vendor fields. That has to be done by
rediscovery, or by some other action that lets you set the field by api.
The set database field block of a ruleset will do it. So will nvdbimport.
But those fields are not revisited during any regular action that I know of.

(248) 552-4968 Voicemail, Fax, Pager

---------------------- Forwarded by Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM on 05/13/99

"Prokott, Joe" <Joe.Prokott@WESTGROUP.COM> on 05/13/99 05:04:58 PM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>