Re: Netview for AIX 5.1 and NWays Manager for AIX 1.2.1 and

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview for AIX 5.1 and NWays Manager for AIX 1.2.1 and APPNManagement
From: James Kellock <jkelloc@IBM.NET>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 23:29:31 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
It certainly is.  For details on the Internet, go to
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com, search on Nways, and you'll find
SG24-5302-00, titled Network Management Using Nways Mangement
Applications. The Java performance Monitor (JPM) and Java Management
Applications (JMAs) for SNA-connected devices will poll, monitor, and
threshold for APPN parameters.  The Redbooks are all online as pdf
files, or you can order hard copy.  There are also device specific
Redbooks (search on APPN).  You can also compile the APPN mibs and use
SNMPCollect, MLM, or other tools to collect information, but the Nways
applications do a lot of the up-front work for you.

Hope this helps.
Jim Kellock