Re: Getting database info. when "Node deleted" occurs

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Getting database info. when "Node deleted" occurs
From: "Prokott, Joe" <Joe.Prokott@WESTGROUP.COM>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 08:42:10 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
So how can I put my own script into the registration file so that this
script executes AFTER the user confirms the deletion (i.e., selects "OK"
when prompted with "About to delete or cut objects") and BEFORE the actual
removal from the NV database?  Can I be for sure that the completion of this
script will be complete before the removal from the NV object database?

Also, as Leslie eluded to, it is possible for a user to actually delete the
node from all submaps but NOT deleted from the NV database if the device is
contained in multiple maps.  So, we want to execute our own script ONLY when
the device is going to be removed entirely from the NV database.  However,
we need the info. from the NV database before it actually does the node
deletion from the NV database.  It seems like a catch 22 situation.  Is
there a work around for this?

Joe Prokott - West Group
Network Architect
610 Opperman Drive