Re: nvevents failure

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: nvevents failure
From: Matthias Widmann <mwidmann@DEBIS.DE>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 18:41:50 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi All,

we've got the same problem,
NvEvents stops (YES it run before) working showing a popup that complains
about

connection loss to nvcorrd.

Contrary to my expectations nvcorrd was running!
The popup also showed that NvEvents will reconnect to nvcorrd, so it did -
with a loss of events -> so some correlation didn't work very well then.

Our installation is:
AIX 4.2.1
NV 5.1.1

nv6000.log also shows:
Acceptor:: Address already in use.

ulimits and max processes are set properly

Does anybody else has the same problem or better a solution?
I hope someone has - Sorry - a solution!

Best regards

Matthias Widmann