Re: nvevents failure

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: nvevents failure
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 15:13:24 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I have never seen ANYTHING like this before.  Do  other people telnet into
this box and export the display back to run NetView?  If so, do a ps -ef
and see how many there are.  It sounds as if nvevents cannot open a socket
(presumably to nvserverd but I am guessing).   Did you follow the advice in
the Release Notes (pages 9 and 10) about increasing the max processes per
user and adding the ulimit statements in etc/rc.nfs.    If you are root,
try issuing them from the command line and see if that helps.  If you are
not root, try it as root.

Otherwise, what I would do is go back to a known, minimal state  and see
what happens.  Reboot if possible.
If you get this same error when no other GUIs are running, then please call
Support.  That's all you can do.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

HVILLEGA <hvillega@BANCOLOMBIA.COM.CO> on 05/19/99 09:51:35 AM