Databases X Flats Files

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Databases X Flats Files
From: Elvis Melo Vieira <emvieira@ZAZ.COM.BR>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 18:55:22 -0300
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
        I saw a discution about Databases X Flats Files and now that I am to
decide if it will be used Database or Unix Files, a doubt have arrived to me:
        Netview on big networks could be better with flat files  than using
databases and vice-versa. I know that small files in Unix have better
performance than big ones. Also, the databases are recommend for big number of
data. The only reason for thinking in this way is to considere the Connections
TCP between RDBMS and Netview (or RIM), isn´t it?.
        Can someone explain this for me?

Elvis Melo Vieira
Opentech
tel: +5511 3676-1338